To be the partner of choice for creating high performing organizations that produce exceptional results.
The Partnership for Excellence
What We Do
The Partnership for Excellence (TPE) is a Baldrige-based program serving Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia, dedicated to performance excellence by:
- Raising awareness about the value of performance excellence in driving regional, state and the national economy
- Providing organizational assessment tools and criteria
- Educating leaders in businesses, schools, health care organizations, government, and nonprofit agencies about the practices of best-in-class organizations
- Recognizing state role models and honoring them with the only state awards for performance excellence
How We Do It
TPE educates organizations in performance excellence management.
We partner with organizations dedicated to improving their performance. Our main areas of focus are:
- Helping organizations achieve best-in-class levels of performance
- Identifying and recognizing role-model organizations
- Sharing best management practices, principles, and strategies
To cultivate organizational performance excellence and continuous improvement in Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia.
To accomplish this, TPE conducts third party assessments for applicant organizations. The assessments are conducted by examiner teams and provide an on-site visit and detailed feedback by evaluating:
- Organizational approaches or processes
- The extent to which the approaches are deployed, evaluated/improved, aligned and integrated throughout the organization
- Process effectiveness at driving organizational results
TPE’s core values are excellence, diversity and inclusion, integrity, visionary leadership, professionalism, and agility.
TPE is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization.
TPE relies on donations including corporate sponsorships, individual sponsorships, and membership fees. Contributions to TPE are tax deductible. TPE receives no funding from the state or federal government.
Our organization was established in 1998.
We were established as the Ohio Award for Excellence, then became the Ohio Partnership for Excellence, and in 2011, became The Partnership for Excellence, expanding to serve Indiana and West Virginia.
To learn more watch the video or review our history in a PDF or as a PowerPoint PPTX file.