The Partnership for Excellence (TPE) is excited to offer a six-week web series on how to write or strengthen a Baldrige/TPE application.
Location: Sessions will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing
Dates: Wednesdays from 2:30 – 3:30 PM EST from February 21 – March 27, 2024.
To enhance learning, short homework assignments (approximately one-hour per week) will be assigned between each session.
The series will cover how and why to use the Baldrige assessment process, the basics of the Baldrige Excellence Framework, how to gather the right information to develop an application, who should be involved in writing your application, how to organize and format an application, and the application process.
Fundamentals of Application:
- How examiners assess an application
- How to show a process is systematic
- Discuss an understanding of core competencies
- Crosswalk from profile components to items in the criteria
- Who should be involved in writing your application
- How to organize and format an application
- Submitting the application
Participants will receive a copy of the Baldrige Excellence Builder, application instruction materials, and tools and templates to facilitate the application writing process. TPE recommends that your entire writing team attend to take advantage of this dynamic and informative training opportunity.
- Baldrige Excellence Builder
- Application Instructions Materials
- Sample Applications
The instructors at all locations are experienced state and national examiners, training facilitators, organizational coaches, and judges. They offer decades of Baldrige experience, insights, and tips to help your organization sharpen its Baldrige knowledge and application writing skills.
Margot Hoffman, Ph.D., President/CEO,
Lauren Browning, Administration & Training Manager,
The Partnership for Excellence
Cost: $300.00 per person ($225.00 for 2024 TPE Individual & Organizational members.)
Promotions: 10% discount to teams of 3 or more from the same organization.
Payment: Check or credit card.
For more information, read the Application Writing Web Series Brochure.
The Partnership for Excellence’s Leader2Leader Collaborative is a year-long professional development program, which is grounded in the Baldrige Excellence Framework and consists of educational sessions, best practice sharing, peer networking & collaboration, and leadership growth.
Each cohort begins with a strategy session where participants engage in team building activities, hear lessons from Baldrige recipients, conduct a mock strategic planning session, and establish goals for the year. On three occasions, throughout the year, participants will participate in a day of best practices led by Baldrige/TPE award recipients.
Sessions will be conducted virtually or inperson, if available. In between sessions, participants engage in webinars, mentoring calls, and TPE’s annual Quest for Success conference. The year ends with participants presenting their process improvement project and graduation.
Kick-off Strategy Session – November 15, 2023
- Provide a leadership development opportunity that is grounded in the Baldrige Excellence Framework
- Provide peer group networking for senior leaders throughout Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia
- Develop future leaders for organizations
- Ensure leadership support and alignment for organizations on the Baldrige journey
- Benchmarking and deep dives into the Baldrige Excellence Framework
- Organizations that are on or early on the Baldrige journey
- Curriculum is grounded in Baldrige Excellence Framework
- TPE has an extensive network of leaders from Baldrige recipients to lead sessions, webinars & mentoring
- Participants customize webinar topics based on outcome of first session
- Participants develop lifelong relationships with members of cohort
Structure of L2L Collaborative
- Kick-off & Strategy Session – November 15, 2023
- Three one-day best practice sharing sessions led by Baldrige / TPE Award recipients (on-site or virtual)
- ½ day learning & experiencing host’s best practices
- ½ day interactive session applying learning
- Attend/participate in 2024 Quest for Success
- 8 webinars - months between best practice sessions
- Topics customized by cohort in first session
- Quarterly mentoring calls –1:1 with Baldrige expert
- Presentation of process improvement project & graduation