The Partnership for Excellence (TPE) is excited to offer a six-week web series on how to write or strengthen a Baldrige/TPE application. Sessions will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing on Wednesdays from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST from June 2 – July 7, 2021. To enhance learning, short homework assignments (approximately one-hour per week) will be assigned between each session.
SERIES WILL COVER:
- How and why to use the Baldrige assessment process
- Basics of the Baldrige Excellence Framework
- How to gather the right information to develop an application
- Who should be involved in writing your application
- How to organize and format an application
- Submitting the application
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021 from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
Highlights include how examiners assess an application, how to show a process is systematic, an understanding of core competencies, and a crosswalk from components of the organizational profile to items in the criteria categories/
Participants will receive a copy of the Baldrige Excellence Builder, application instruction materials, and tools and templates to facilitate the application writing process. TPE recommends that your entire writing team attend to take advantage of this dynamic and informative training opportunity.
- Copy of the Criteria for Performance Excellence
- Application Instructions Materials
- Sample Applications
The instructors at all locations are experienced state and national examiners, training facilitators, organizational coaches, and judges. They offer decades of Baldrige experience, insights, and tips to help your organization sharpen its Baldrige knowledge and application writing skills.
Margot Hoffman, Ph.D., President/CEO,
Lauren Browning, Administration & Training Manager,
The Partnership for Excellence
Cost: $295.00 per person ($225.00 for TPE members).
Promotions: There is a 10% discount for teams of three or more from the same organization.
Payment: Check or credit card.
Registration: Contact Lauren Browning
or by calling (901) 830-4499.
Collaborative Cohort Forming
The Partnership for Excellence’s Leader2Leader Collaborative is a year-long professional development program, which is grounded in the Baldrige Excellence Framework and consists of educational sessions, best practice sharing, peer networking & collaboration, and leadership growth.
Each cohort begins with a strategy session where participants engage in teambuilding activities, hear lessons from Baldrige recipients, conduct a mock strategic planning session, and establish goals for the year. On three occasions throughout the year, participants will participate in a day of best practices led by Baldrige/TPE award recipients. Sessions will be conducted virtually or in-person, if available. In between sessions, participants engage in webinars, mentoring calls, and TPE’s annual Quest for Success conference. The year ends with participants presenting their process improvement project and graduation.
The training is filled with government examples and exercises. Included is an in-depth simulation involving a prototypical agency, so participants build their toolkits by way of a real-world situation. It’s perfect for people who work in government in an Ohio city, township, county, school district, or other governmental agency or organization.
Kick-off Strategy Session –November 18, 2020
- Provide a leadership development opportunity that is grounded in the Baldrige Excellence Framework
- Provide peer group networking for senior leaders throughout Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia
- Develop future leaders for organizations Ensure leadership support and alignment for organizations on the Baldrige journey
- Benchmarking and deep dives into the Baldrige Excellence Framework
- Organizations that are on or early on the Baldrige journey
Structure of L2L Collaborative
- Kick-off & Strategy Session – November 18, 2020
- Three one-day best practice sharing sessions led by Baldrige / TPE Award recipients (on-site or virtual)
- ½ day learning & experiencing host’s best practices
- ½ day interactive session applying learning
- Attend/participate in 2021 Quest for Success
- 8 webinars -months between best practice sessions
- Topics customized by cohort in first session
- Quarterly mentoring calls –1:1 with Baldrige expert
- Presentation of process improvement project & graduation